If you would like to have a career as an overhead crane operator, you will…
Occupation descriptions, or job descriptions, come in many formats and some are quite deep in their requirements. Others can be brief and often make it sound like any one could apply for a vacancy.
An occupation descriptions is often broken into three or four parts. An overview, task description, required skills/training and personal attributes.
Operate mechanical boom and cable or tower and cable equipment to lift and move materials, machines, or products in many directions.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain mechanisms such as cables, pulleys, and grappling devices.
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities in order to prevent overload.
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving equipment.
- Using hand and arm signals for installing, handling, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things
If you don’t have those skills yet would like a career as a crane operator then perhaps you check out ATS Heavy Equipment Training Schools to see when your next course begins.