Cranes are a necessity in the construction industry. By using their hooks and booms, cranes…
When you have been in this business a while you get to meet all kinds of interesting people looking for heavy equipment certification. Some of them come from very different walks of life, but their reasons for wanting heavy equipment certification tend to run along similar themes. I decided to put together a top ten list of things that certification can change for you. This list is by no means all inclusive and some people will order it differently, but here it is nonetheless.
Top 10 Reasons for Getting Certification
- 1. Make more money – This is not about being greedy, it is about making a living. The wages you earn with heavy equipment certification are much higher than you earn as an unskilled laborer.
2. Stable employment – Anyone who has worked as an unskilled laborer knows that such jobs are temporary, no matter how good at a job you are and no matter how hard you work.
3. Working conditions – Certification will give you work that has better working conditions.
4. Sustainability – When you are twenty-five, heavy labor can be a lot of fun. Try doing the same work at thirty-five, then try doing it at fifty. Some people can manage working like that without certification, but it takes its toll. With certification you are doing a job that you can keep doing at just about any age.
5. Career opportunities – Certification will give you career opportunities that do not otherwise exist. Imagine, having an actual career, where you know that the job that you have today is the same job that you will have in six months.
6. Long-term prospects – With the security that you get from a career and from stable employment, you can start planning ahead and doing things. Wouldn’t it be great to get a home loan?
7. Employment opportunities – Sometimes we want a change. Heavy equipment operators are in demand and you can get work all over the country.
8. A change of lifestyle – Your certification will allow you to break into types of work that you might not have considered in the past. How about changing the pace and scenery and going into mining, doing landscaping, forestry or any other of a number of different jobs that you can do with your heavy equipment certification.
9. Something new – For many people getting their heavy equipment certification is a chance to do something new. They might not have even been in construction or any other related industries before. Heavy equipment is great because the certification is relatively easy to get and does not take a long time. After a short training process, you will be ready to begin your new career.
10. Job satisfaction – Your heavy equipment certification will have you doing jobs that are more interesting than merely providing labor.
If you are interested in obtaining your heavy equipment certification, please do not hesitate to contact us at Associated Training Services.