The construction industry has jobs for individuals who can operate different kinds of machines and…
Custom Training For Heavy Equipment Operators
There are times when standard training is not specific enough to cover certain tasks in a workplace. While heavy equipment operators can normally acquire the skills required to succeed through a broad-based heavy equipment training program, there are some industries that have very specialized roles for their heavy equipment. Normally, the only way to acquire these specialized skills is through a specialized or custom-designed training program.
Customized training starts with a customized training program. Most training organizations use training programs that have been designed off site so their training staff have little, if any, experience in designing a customized training program. To design a program that is specific to a particular workplace, a training program designer will need to inspect the workplace, define the skills required to perform the work, and to then design a training program that delivers those skills.
While that may sound easy, in practice it isn’t. Designing a custom training program also needs to take into account factors such as:
- Time – How long will the training take?
- Prerequisites – What skills should a trainee already possess?
- Equipment – The equipment required to learn these skills.
- Location – The best place to learn – at the workplace or at the trainer’s campus?
- Cost – When developing a custom training program, the end cost must cover the training school’s cost whilst remaining affordable for the employer.
That is a tightly woven set of requirements that must be considered while designing the training itself. Associated Training Services has a long history in delivering specialized training including training for:
- NCCCO Crane Operator Training, Testing and Certification
- OSHA Compliant Rigging; Signal Person Training, Testing and Qualification
- NCCER Heavy Equipment Training, Testing and Qualification
- Class-A CDL Commercial Driver Training, Testing and Licensing
If you require specialized training for your work crew, contact ATS for an expert assessment of your training options.
This Post Has 0 Comments