There is a big demand for professional drivers who have their CDLs. Many trucking companies…
What are some of the most common reasons for a person to choose a particular profession? Interest is normally the starting point; that’s why you study in particular areas as you go through high school and college. Other factors include stability, income, community standing and family expectations. The latter is one of the most common reasons, and one that have so many people making career changes in their mid to late twenties – they finally break away from those family expectations. Here are eight good reasons to consider training for a Class A commercial drivers license (CDL):
- Well paid – truck drivers are well paid in comparison to many other jobs.
- In Demand – trucks are the life blood of our economy. For this reason, good drivers are always in demand.
- Stable employment – because good drivers are in demand, employers are not going to let you go.
- There are drivers around that have spent 30-40 years working for one employer.
- Work location – you can elect to just drive locally or you can elect to drive the big interstate rigs. The choice is up to you.
- Flexibility – one of the forgotten components to holding a CDL is that you’re not restricted to driving trucks. The CDL may make you employable as a heavy equipment operator, for example, (if you’re trained) simply because your license means you can cart the equipment out to a job yourself.
- Training – it only takes three weeks to learn to drive a truck. Pass your test and you’re ready to start.
- Variety – you never know what you’re going to cart from one day to the next. You may also find you are driving to different locations every day.
- Freedom – the biggest bonus of them all when it comes to truck driving. There’s nothing like the freedom of the open road.
A commercial drivers license opens a door to a career that’s busy and never boring. There are few careers that offer as many options as truck driving does so if you’re interested, contact ATS, the nation’s most experienced truck driver training organization in the country.