If you would like to have a career as an overhead crane operator, you will…
As we start the last month of what has been a hectic 2009 for crane operator training, it is time for us to start planning 2010. For those who are interested in a new career in 2010, now is the time to start your planning as well. Crane operators are well paid in comparison to most other heavy equipment operators and the demand is always constant for operators.
Planning a career change can be a big move. You can make a decision and be well on the way overnight, or you can take a little time and plan things carefully. If you’re interested in crane operations but like to take a little time, there are several easy steps you can take:
- Check out some of our posts on crane operations
- Visit our crane operator training pages for information on what our training covers
- Call us to work out what training options are available (1-800-383-7364)
- Arrange finance – we can provide some help if required
- Organize your time – you will need to set aside some time to attend training. If you’re working, arrange for holiday leave.
Once you have organized everything, you can sit back and enjoy a thoroughly relaxing Christmas. That way you will be prepared to start your training in the new year. Once you commence your training, you can start working with our job placement team. With a little work you may find you can walk out of your training program, and into a new job. What I do know, put a little effort into your training and you will walk away as a certified crane operator. That’s the first step to a successful career as a crane operator.