skip to Main Content

What Do You Call A Bulldozer With A Scoop?

If you have read any of our previous posts you will know that a bulldozer is a piece of heavy equipment that is designed to use muscle to scrape the surface and push dirt around. You could say they were the bully boys of a construction site. Nothing gets in their way, and I mean nothing.

However, that strength can also be used for other things. Some bulldozers can have their blade removed and a large scoop attached. To load dirt onto a truck, these bulldozers need hydraulic arms that can lift the scoop high enough to empty the contents into the truck.

Standard bulldozers have arms with limited movement. They can be moved within a narrow height band – some as high as the drivers cab, tilt the blade and angle the blade to the left or right. Raising the arms above their head is a different story – at least, for most bulldozers.

Having a scoop attached can certainly add to the versatility of a bulldozer. They can clear the area ready for construction, then, with a change from blade to scoop, load the pile of debris onto a truck. Of course, the operator would need heavy equipment training that covers both a bulldozer and a front end loader. That would combine the skills of both machines into the one job.

That’s all fine. But what would you call a bulldozer that can have a scoop attached? As you can see from the picture, they do exist and, taking the name bulldozer and front end loader into account, they are simply called dozer-loaders. There is another piece of trivia brought to you courtesy of ATS Heavy Equipment Operator Schools.

This Post Has 0 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back To Top